Saturday, January 02, 2010

~~~~~~Hello 2010 : NYD HIKE 3.0~~~~~~



I am such a fan of creating traditions! And I am happy to say that the annual New Years Day Hike is 3 years strong now! Yesterday Erin and I, the co-founders of NYDH, welcomed a new member- We'll call her Autumn, cause that's her name:)

We drove down south to one of my favorite destinations! San Juan Capistrano. We took the Ortega Highway towards Riverside and parked across the street from "The Candy Store', a.k.a. tell-tale sign you've arrived at the San Juan Loop trail head.

Highlights: The descent into the cool, damp, earthy smelling shadiness of the trail; Lots of great photos; Great conversation; El Champeon for delicious Mexican food; and all the laughs on the way home.

It was an absolute success- I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: